Popular Post

Wednesday, 24 May 2017

TOSHIBA- Simple but logical meaning

Toshiba is one of the largest electronics companies in the world. Very few know the exact meaning of Toshiba name. Lets find the actual meaning of it.

When I was come across the name Toshiba I though it may be a Japanese terminology having a deep meaning. Else I though it may be after the name of its founder. I was partially right.


Toshiba was founded as Tokyo Shibaura Denki K.K. in 1939 by the merger of two leading companies named,

1. Shibaura Seisaku - Sho
2. Tokya Denki

Now my mind is clear to make logic behind the name Toshiba. It is very simple logic.

TOSHIBA name having two different fragments. (1) TO and (2) SHIBA

TO comes from Tokyo Denki and,
SHIBA comes from Shibaura Seisaku - Sho (after the name of its founder)

Possible equation for Toshiba is,

TOSHIBA = TO + SHIBA.

Its very simple and logical.

No comments:

Post a Comment